Party Wall

party wall icon

We can assist in Party Wall matters – where works are being undertaken to a wall (new or existing) between land belonging to two or more owners, or where excavations are being undertaken in the vicinity of neighbouring buildings.

The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 provides a framework for preventing and resolving disputes, and the formal process starts with a Notice being served on the neighbours. We can serve the notice/s on your behalf, or provide advice in the event that you receive a notice under the Act.
Sometimes neighbours do not wish to agree to the works, as they have concerns that the works may cause damage to their property or otherwise adversely affect them. In these instances, one or more Party Wall Surveyors are appointed, who act impartially to make an Award under the Act. The Award sets out what, when, and how work will be carried out. It also normally contains a record of the condition of the adjoining property before the work begins, so that any damage may be properly attributed and made good.
Further information on the Act is available at the following web address:


Measured Survey  Building Survey  feasibility Study    planning    building regulationsTender    Consrtruction      Scope of work     CMD Coordinator    Party Wall